Follow the instructions below first then call (800)-750-3557 to report an outage 24/7.
Like and view our Facebook page for updates on major outage situations.
What to do if you lose power.
1. Check the fuses or breakers in your home and at the meter pole if you are able to.
2. Check with your neighbors to see if their power is also off.
3. Call Franklin REC to report your outage and be prepared to give one or more of the following:
name, account number, service address, location number, and/or telephone number for the account location without power. Also provide us with a telephone number where you can be reached in case we have any questions.
Whether you are playing outdoors with your children or working on landscaping projects, keep a safe distance from power lines and other equipment your co-op uses to provide electricity to your home.
Always remember to:
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers and electrical boxes.
- Don't climb trees near power lines.
- Never fly kites, remote control airplanes, drones or balloons near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call us for assistance.
- Keep a safe distance from overhead power lines when working with ladders or installing objects such as antennas.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line.
- Don't touch anything that may be touching a downed wire, such as a car.
- Keep children and pets away.
Power line hazards and vehicles.
If a power line falls on a car or vehicle while you are in it, you should STAY INSIDE THE VEHICLE. This is the safest place to stay. Warn people not to touch the care or the line. Call or ask someone to call us the local cooperative and emergency services.
The only circumstance in which you should consider leaving a car that is in contact with a downed power line is if the vehicle catches fire. If that happens, open the door, but do not step out of the car because you may receive a shock. Instead, keeping both feet together, jump free of the car so that your body clears the vehicle before touching the ground. Once you are clear, shuffle at least 50 feet away with both feet on the ground. DO NOT try to help someone else from the car, truck, tractor or combine while you are standing on the ground.
As in all power line related emergencies, call for help immediately by dialing 911 or call Franklin REC at (800) 750-3557